Kiewit Corporation Quality Coordinator - East Coast Region in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
Quality Coordinator - East Coast Region
Date: Jun 8, 2019
Location: Woodcliff Lake, NJ, US
Requisition ID: 79531
Cherne Contracting is one of Kiewit’s oldest districts. Founded in 1916. Cherne is a valuable part of Kiewit and is well known for safety and quality of execution in amazing projects within the oil, gas and chemical sectors. Alone and with other Kiewit districts through internal joint ventures, Cherne not only provides challenges but the stability and career development opportunities expected in a world-class multi-billion dollar organization.
• Promote and maintain effective communications and relations (verbally and in writing) with district management, project management teams and engineers/clients as required.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Quality Management System and procedures and promote standardization.
• Assist in conducting project quality audits and reports.
• Degree plus two years’ experience in process piping related construction field or equivalent amount of experience and education.
• Working knowledge of construction practices, construction codes (ASME, AWS, etc.) and non-destructive examination procedures (VT, RT, UT, PT, MT) (desirable)
• Current CWI certification.
• Excellent communication and technical writing skills, ability to research and work with detailed/technical matters and convey/explain the information to field personnel.
• Ability to work in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and SharePoint software programs as well as able to quickly learn other software applications.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to perform a variety of tasks with deadlines and potentially frequent interruptions.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Job Segment: Engineer, Developer, Quality Manager, QC, Quality, Engineering, Technology