Kiewit Corporation Entry Level Equipment Engineer in Western Region, California
Entry Level Equipment Engineer
Date: Apr 6, 2019
Location: Western Region, CA, US
Requisition ID: 78487
Kiewit Equipment Services (KES) Western Region is currently seeking an Equipment Engineers to support Regional Construction operations. KES helps to ensure the profitability of Kiewit projects through the improved equipment utilization and mechanical reliability by delivering world-class equipment and service. This position is responsible for the planning, scheduling, budgeting, utilization and reliability of a construction or mining equipment fleet. The position will deal with day to day as well as long term issues related to an equipment fleet. The position’s main focus will be to improve equipment reliability as well as implement, monitor, audit, and manage preventative maintenance programs.
Kiewit Equipment Services has locations all across the country but this position is specifically going to be in the Western Region of the United States.
Undergraduate AS/BS degree in Diesel/Automotive Technology, Heavy Equipment Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Construction Management preferred.
• Business minor or equivalent preferred
• Strong work ethic – Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
• Willingness to travel and relocate as required.
• Willingness to work in both office and field environments.
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction or mining site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• Basic Understanding of Microsoft Office
• Understand and comply with all federal, state, and company health, safety, and environmental requirements
• Long/short range equipment planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
• Use reliability and failure analysis data to increase equipment availability and reliability.
• Establish and maintain communications between all levels of supervision and management.
• Support of craft maintenance technicians – ordering parts, manage inventory, schedule crews, and manage quality and safety.
• Accurate parts ordering – CAT SIS knowledge
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Entry Level Engineer, Engineering, Entry Level