Kiewit Corporation Safety Manager - West Coast Region in West Coast Region, California
Safety Manager - West Coast Region
Date: Dec 3, 2018
Location: West Coast Region, CA, US
Requisition ID: 76882
• Assist in planning, organizing and implementing district Safety Management Programs at industrial construction projects.
• Oversee and conduct safety training, job safety analysis, workplace audits and incident response as needed.
• Lead safety site team to world-class performance while working closely with district safety management.
• Ten or more years’ heavy industrial construction experience relative to the oil/gas/chemical industry with an emphasis on downstream construction.
• Five or more years’ safety experience in the heavy industrial energy construction environment.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with client, project management and to lead staff safety initiatives.
• Ability and willingness to work at project sites regionally or nationally.
• Fast-paced project site and project office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of craft, staff and management while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Water Treatment, Regional Manager, Project Manager, Engineering, Management, Technology