Kiewit Corporation Civil Superintendent - WMATA in Washington DC, Virginia
Civil Superintendent - WMATA
Date: Jan 13, 2020
Location: Washington DC, VA, US
Requisition ID: 87999
As a Superintendent you will play a significant part in the success for Kiewit’s Eastern District. You will function as a field supervisor and may have responsibility for multiple Foreman, and/or laborers/craft workers. You with be responsible for the organization, work methods, scheduling, cost control, conformity with drawings and specification, workmanship, and assignment of work to accomplish the execution of the work, either directly or through General Foreman or Foreman. You will also work to maintain positive working relationships with clients, architect/engineer, suppliers, subcontractors, and jobsite staff.
This is a front-line supervisor position reporting to the General Superintendent with responsibility specifically to the civil construction discipline. You will need to have direct experience supervising crews installing domestic water, sewer and storm sewer lines. Our Superintendents set the highest expectations for safety, quality, schedule and cost performance. Their roles and responsibilities are to plan and lead operations to achieve these expectations while working with a team of engineers and supervisors.
• Hiring and training of craft personnel
• Scheduling and directing work crews
• Preparing work plans and Hazard analysis for the work
• Assuring quality control
• Managing and tracking cost
• Scheduling equipment and subcontractors
• Administering safety programs
• Maintaining good owner relations
• Supervise construction projects
• Perform daily inspections of work performed
• Act as liaison and coordinator between contractors and craft employees
• Solve problems that arise.
• Develop 90-day, 3-week and daily schedules for crews, equipment and materials.
• Build on budget and adjust the plan and methods as the work proceeds to improve productivity.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in heavy civil construction.
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
• Knowledge of construction and engineering principles and practices.
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• Must be able to adapt to new surroundings and with new people.
• Must be prepared to attend meetings with customers and owners/general contractors.
• Working knowledge of computers and experience using Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organization/time management skills.
• Must have a positive attitude and possess excellent motivational skills.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Fredericksburg
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Chemical Research, Construction Line Supervisor, Engineering