Kiewit Corporation Early Career Geotechnical Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in United States
Early Career Geotechnical Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Date: Apr 27, 2019
Requisition ID: 79071
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking a Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer to work on engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation’s business across the US and Canada. The primary duties of this engineer will include geotechnical engineering efforts in support of infrastructure transportation design-build project in the proposal stage or following award. As, such, a strong technical background and excellent communication skills as well as an ability to work well in a team environment are considered critical to this position.
The Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer will work with an interdisciplinary team that includes structural, roadway, drainage and materials engineers as well as estimators, schedulers and other construction professionals to perform geotechnical engineering analyses and design. The Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer will be involved in geotechnical engineering analyses and the production of engineering reports including being involved in field exploration programs or other geotechnical engineering assignments.
*This position requires occasional travel to project offices and work sites.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• The Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer will utilize geotechnical engineering knowledge under the direction of a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to complete technical engineering assignments in support of Kiewit Corporation business
• Project support during the proposal/bid phase working with various team members to complete engineering analyses to evaluate innovative and cost-effective design solutions to geotechnical problems and challenges
• Working on design-build projects developing design recommendations and producing design deliverables
• Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent experience is required
• 2+ years of relevant geotechnical engineering experience preferred but not required
• Strong all-around academic knowledge of geotechnical engineering
• Experience in any of the following aspects of geotechnical engineering is desired but not required such as: design of deep foundations, shallow foundations, evaluating slope stability, seismic engineering, retaining wall design, earth retention, settlement of compressible soils, ground improvement techniques, support of excavation, dewatering, subsurface exploration and laboratory testing programs
• Ability to work in a team setting
• Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
• Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
• The physical ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions
• Ability to travel/TDY assignments and/or relocate based on business needs
• Ability to travel to project sites
• Design-Build experience, preferred but not required
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Geotechnical Engineering, Engineer, Construction, Chemical Research, Geology, Engineering