Kiewit Corporation TBM Project Engineer - Underground in Various - US, Nebraska
TBM Project Engineer - Underground
Date: Mar 9, 2019
Location: Various - US, NE, US
Requisition ID: 77542
• Non-compromising attitude towards safety.
• Develop complete understanding of contract plans and specifications.
• Participate in or support tunneling project estimating.
• Form and lead an effective project management team, define and delegate management responsibilities and set goals.
• Develop and maintain overall project planning from the start through completion of the project.
• Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
• Inspect subordinate's work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed.
• Observe functioning of installed equipment or systems to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation or replacement.
• Support and ensure implementation of the safety and quality programs
• Manage contract administration (subcontractor/field management meetings for communications).
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal and OSHA requirements.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Underground construction industry, including large diameter Tunnel Boring Machine projects in hard rock and soft soil.
• Broad knowledge of TBM techniques, equipment, and standard procedures.
• Previous experience in estimating tunneling projects or in supporting the estimating process is desirable.
• Demonstrated team player with personal relations skills.
• Working knowledge of computers.
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• Fast-paced field office and construction site environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds. Work in ambient environment conditions both above and below ground.
• Travel in the U.S. as required.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Compliance, Project Manager, Engineering, Legal, Technology