Kiewit Corporation Sponsor - Underground in Various - US, Nebraska
Sponsor - Underground
Date: Sep 5, 2019
Location: Various - US, NE, US
Requisition ID: 80421
The Sponsor is the individual with overall accountability for the project and or projects. They're primarily concerned with ensuring that the project(s) deliver the agreed business benefits. The Sponsor acts as the representative of the organization, and plays a vital leadership role through:
• Provides 'championship' for the project, selling and marketing the project throughout the organization
• Presents business expertise and guidance to the Project Manager
• The link between the project, the business community and perhaps most importantly, management decision making groups
• Serves as an arbitrator and making decisions that may be beyond the authority of the Project Manager
• Recruits and grows the team at all levels of the organization
• Ensures that the business need is valid, correctly prioritized and project is properly launched
• Assures that the project remains a viable business proposition
• Secures changes to the project and they are properly managed and all risks are assessed
• Establishes the project organization, roles and reporting structure
• Ensuring the project is following all Safety Guidelines and policies
• Approves key project deliverables
• Initiates project reviews and supporting the process of review with project team
• Fixes issues (typically competition for resources and priority clashes)
• Resolves conflict and removes obstacles to progress
• Oversees safety and quality of the project, both the methods used to develop it and the end product.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering in any discipline from a four-year college or university
• At least 15+ years’ related experience and/or training, specifically in the heavy civil/ specialty underground construction industry
• Experience leading multi-million dollar contracts, including ownership of operations, project administration, client relations and all other scopes relative to large construction projects.
• Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively
• Must be able to regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen
• Occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (50-75%)
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Water Treatment, Wastewater, Construction, Engineering, Legal