Kiewit Corporation Project Manager - Deep Foundations Ground Improvement in Various - US, Nebraska
Project Manager - Deep Foundations Ground Improvement
Date: Nov 21, 2018
Location: Various - US, NE, US
Requisition ID: 77093
Kiewit Foundations Co.- A subsidiary of Kiewit Infrastructure Co. is a specialty foundation subcontractor with our main office located in Omaha, NE and a regional office in Chicago, IL. Markets include Transportation, Power, Oil & Gas, Transmission, Waste Water, Building and Tunneling. Techniques include Augured Cast in Place Pile, Displacement Pile, Soil Mixing, Stone Columns, Vibrocompaction, and Driven Pile. Project locations span the entire US, and traveling is required.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but will help propel you forward in your career faster than you may expect. We’ll train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that will impact millions across North America. Training will include Kiewit specific management training from our state of the art Kiewit University, as well as technical seminars from industry conferences and vendor courses.
The Project Manager (PM) is the individual with overall accountability for the on-site project operations and management. Larger and complex projects may require full time on-site needs. However, smaller and less complex project, the PM may travel to/from the project as needed. The PM may be responsible for multiple smaller projects at the same time. They're primarily concerned with ensuring that the project delivers the agreed business benefits. The PM acts as the representative of the organization, and plays a vital leadership role through:
• providing 'champion leadership' for the project, leading by example on all aspects (safety, quality, operations, client relations, etc.)
• providing business expertise and guidance to the project team
• leading the project in all prime contractor / client interfacing and contractual relations
• recruiting and growing your team at all levels of the organization
• ensuring that the project and team is properly launched
• ensuring that the project schedule is accurate, realistic, and meeting the contractual terms
• ensuring changes to the project are properly managed and risks are assessed
• establishing the project organization, roles and reporting structure
• ensuring the project is following all Safety and Quality guidelines and policies
• approving key project deliverables
• initiating project reviews and supporting the process of review with project team
• administering the contract terms, resolving conflicts and negotiating PCO’s
• resolving conflict and removing obstacles to progress
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering in any discipline from a four-year college or university recommended
• At least 10+ years’ related experience and/or training, specifically in the heavy civil/ specialty foundations construction industry
• Experience leading multi-million dollar contracts, including ownership of operations, project administration, client relations and all other scopes relative to large construction projects.
• Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations
• Must be able to regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen
• Occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Relocation or temporary job assignment to projects is required
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (50-75%)
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Project Manager, Manager, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering, Technology, Management