Kiewit Corporation Material Coordinator in Various Project Sites, Alberta
Date: Mar 8, 2019
Location: Various Project Sites, AB, CA
Requisition ID: 77385
The Material Coordinator provides project specific support and management for material management and control of all materials at the jobsite. A Material Coordinator may support the Material Manager on a large project or be the leader of the material operations on a smaller project. Requirements of this position include significant interaction with construction staff, capabilities for handling and maintaining materials, and proficiencies with advanced software. Long-term relocation and short-term field assignments are a requirement of this position. The position is operational in nature dealing significantly with field issues at active projects.
• Monitor and support the activities of personnel engaged in buying materials, equipment, machinery and supplies.
• Provide project support for staff interfacing with site management and equipment vendors, subcontractors and service providers.
• Implement policies and procedures in the areas of procurement and inventory control.
• Participate in the completion of large project mobilization and/or demobilization efforts.
• Represent the company in logistical negotiations and coordination with suppliers.
• Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
• Implement and monitor site-specific purchasing and material control plan.
• Communicate and train material management procedures to project team.
• Manage and maintain material related software on projects of varying size and scope.
• Demonstrated capacity to manage and maintain advanced material handling software and databases
• Basic knowledge of site purchasing, execution, estimating and their impact on material management
• Ability to participate in project work planning
• Knowledge of the project goals and how to contribute to those goals
• Working knowledge of prime contract flow downs for suppliers and subcontractor terms and conditions
• Demonstrated ability to track equipment, materials, labor budgets, trends and forecasts
• Ability to utilize reporting skills including monitoring progress curves, developing procurement status reports, developing material and equipment status reports, and completing budget and actual reports
• Risk evaluation, mitigation and claims management skills
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in teams
• At least three-five years’ experience in a supply chain and/or construction related role
• Ability to relocate for long and short-term field assignments
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Engineer, Procurement, Supply, Wastewater, Engineering, Operations