Kiewit Corporation Entry Level Safety Coordinator - Kiewit Mining Group in Various Locations, Texas
Entry Level Safety Coordinator - Kiewit Mining Group
Date: Feb 18, 2019
Location: Various Locations, TX, US
Requisition ID: 78347
Are you passionate about safety and ensuring everyone is working in a safe condition and environment? How about doing so while working for the 3rd largest general contractor in the U.S, with an opportunity to become a shareholder in the company? At Kiewit, one of our guiding principles on energy projects and in every office is, “Nobody Gets Hurt” and we’re currently looking for safety supervisors who create, support and will audit our program which reinforces our commitment to safety.
We have projects all across the United States, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate anywhere in the country, as frequently as business needs require.
As an Entry-Level Safety Supervisor, you’ll be part of a team implementing and overseeing the Project Safety Program including the development of site safety policies and procedures. You’ll assist in monitoring the activities of heavy industrial construction projects, insuring the facility's compliance with pertinent governmental regulations, company policies and procedures. You’ll assist in determining the cause of unsafe conditions and injury claims through procedure, equipment, and facilities inspection and worker observation. Providing corrective action recommendations and assisting in implementing metrics for tracking and reporting on performance issues will also fall within your responsibilities.
Safety Supervisors will review project work plans for accuracy in conformance with the standards and assist in safety program audits, coaching, and training. You must have the ability to carry out duties in varying work environments including wide ranging weather conditions and terrain with the ability to travel and/or relocate as required for projects.
• Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Safety, or a related field of study
• Knowledge of construction safety, current Federal and OSHA requirements
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic - Willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Certification as a Safety Professional or Emergency Medical Technician is preferred
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• The ability to travel and relocate as required
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Inspector, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Entry Level, Engineering, Quality