Kiewit Corporation Project Quality Control Manager- Power Market in Various Locations, Michigan
Project Quality Control Manager- Power Market
Date: Nov 26, 2019
Location: Various Locations, MI, US
Requisition ID: 84400
Located at the project location, the Project Quality Control Manager (PQCM) is responsible for the field execution of a contract-specific Project Quality Plan (PQP) and management and oversight of all quality inspections necessary to deliver the project fully compliant with the contract documents. The PQCM must be able to work with minimal supervision from the Project Quality Manager, interact professionally with the project team and client personnel, have excellent written / verbal communication and conflict resolution skills, manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively, and takes a lead role in developing managing field inspection and testing on the project.
• A four-year engineering, science, or technical college degree plus five (5) years of experience in a related construction and/or engineering field or with at least three (3) of these years in a Quality position;
• An associate degree in engineering technology or science plus ten (10) years of experience in a related construction and/or engineering field with at three (3) of these years in a Quality position or;
• A high school graduate or equivalent (GED) plus fifteen (15) years of experience in a related construction field and/or engineering with at least five (5) of these years in a Quality position.
• A broad working knowledge and understanding of Quality Management Systems (QMS), the power market, and the EPC contractual model (typical scopes, schedules, and contractual requirements) in order to execute the project-specific quality program
• A thorough knowledge of the trades, disciplines, associated special processes, inspection and testing techniques. construction industry codes, standards, and jurisdictional requirements (ACI, AWS, ASME, NEC, etc.) associated with the Power market. Previous experience with ASME Section I requirements, especially as they pertain to the assembly of HRSGs are advantageous.
• Self-starter with organizational, managerial, and leadership skills. Must be able to manage teams up to 10 personnel, have effective organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
• Strong public speaking and technical writing skills. Must be able to communicate to large groups craft personnel as well as management and client teams
• Additional certifications from AWS, ACI, ASNT, ASQ, NACE, etc. are advantageous
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
• Ability to relocate to project locations as required
• Manage the field execution of a contract-specific Project Quality Plan (PQP)
• Perform, supervise, or coordinate inspections and tests as required by Code, Contract, and the Project Quality Plan. Communicate inspection personnel staffing needs with the PQM and assign qualified personnel to specific inspection tasks
• Manage day-to-day coordination of quality-related subcontracts including NDE, soils & concrete testing, authorized inspectors, etc
• Ensure Quality Control Inspectors are adequately trained and qualified to execute the PQP. Conduct regular assessments of subordinates’ and 3rd Party inspections for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, to ensure competency, and identify training and/or coaching needs.
• Ensure that all inspections are being performed to meet the requirements of the approved ITP’s
• Develop written inspection and test procedures for project specific activities to supplement task planning,
• Review / approve (initial/date) all 3rd party testing and heat treatment results for compliance with project requirements as required.
• Collect, review, and approve quality documentation, test records, and registration paperwork as required by our ASME Quality Control Manual.
• Performs weld datasheet verification for code compliance and approval.
• Manage the Quality department’s responsibilities in regards to the project’s filler metal control program including Rod Room activities.
• Facilitate resolution of issues by working with operations personnel in the field. Assist in the interpretation of construction codes and standards.
• Document Nonconforming work and Conditions when they occur
May perform other duties as assigned
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Quality Manager, Manager, QC, Quality, Engineering, Management