Kiewit Corporation Purchasing Agent II in Various Locations, Kansas
Purchasing Agent II
Date: Jun 13, 2019
Location: Various Locations, KS, US
Requisition ID: 80464
• Purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost in correct amounts per specifications and drawings with buyouts.
• Interface with various other departments and disciplines to evaluate and monitor contract performance, ensuring compliance with contractual obligations.
• Confer with staff, users and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or service and determine corrective action.
• Leverage vendors/subcontractors across multiple procurements to create cost savings to project(s).
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities and the supplier’s reputation and history.
• Participate in the supplier bid evaluation, bid analyst, development of terms and conditions and recommendations for commercial contracts.
• Monitor shipments to ensure goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
• Prepare/issue Request for Proposals (RFP’s) and evaluate vendor/subcontractor proposals to identify vendors/subcontractors who meet project constraints of budget and schedule at the estimating, execution and site purchasing levels.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) and have a general knowledge of database utilization; SAP Experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, business, engineering, supply chain management, or equivalent degree or military experience
• At least three-five years’ experience in an engineering and/or construction related role
• Thorough understanding of all areas of procurement, including procurement execution, estimating, expediting, offsite supplier quality, subcontract administration and site purchasing
• Detail-oriented, highly motivated with ability to effectively manage time
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Ability to relocate for long and short-term field assignments
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, Purchasing, SAP, Supply, Engineering, Technology, Finance, Operations