Kiewit Corporation Procurement Agent Intern in Various Locations, Kansas
Procurement Agent Intern
Date: Jan 9, 2019
Location: Various Locations, KS, US
Requisition ID: 78489
The Kiewit Supply Network group specializes in providing comprehensive procurement services to clients across the construction and engineering industries in multiple markets including transportation; water/wastewater; power; oil, gas and chemical; building; and mining. Our key objectives are to offer clients a world-class service focused on ensuring equipment, materials, and services are consistently estimated and procured at the right price. We strive to offer an appropriate level of quality and ensure materials and services are delivered on schedule and in compliance with the client’s specifications and expectations.
• Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives.
• Purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost in correct amounts per specifications and drawings.
• Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities and the supplier’s reputation and history.
• Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and determine needs for changes.
• Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
• Pursuing degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Distribution, Construction Management, Engineering or related degree.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) and have a general knowledge of database utilization. SAP Experience a plus.
• Detail-oriented, highly motivated with the ability to effectively manage time.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
• Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within Kiewit and get important hands-on experience
• Our interns have meaningful relations to the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real-world areas of the Kiewit organization
• Our long-standing internship program has launched many Kiewit careers, including our Chairman and CEO’s
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Intern, Engineer, ERP, SAP, Database, Entry Level, Engineering, Technology