Kiewit Corporation Environmental Engineer Intern - Kiewit Power Constructors in Various Locations, Kansas
Environmental Engineer Intern - Kiewit Power Constructors
Date: Mar 11, 2019
Location: Various Locations, KS, US
Requisition ID: 79470
What to Expect
• Travel the country
• Build complex projects
• Make a profound impact
As an Environmental Engineer Intern you’ll be introduced to a variety of office and field activities in order to develop your understanding of how environmental fits into construction. You’ll work with:
• Plan review and preparation
• Waste disposal vendor due diligence assessments
• Regulatory and Permit compliance
• Electronic platforms for spill reporting, chemical inventories and project regulatory matrices
• Project documentation
What You’ll Need
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering or a related degree.
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand applicable federal, state and local environmental regulations, including Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Resource Conservation Recover Act, Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act and Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act. Ability to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings.
• Strong work ethic — highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft programs
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Comprehensive written and verbal communications skills.
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Knowledge and passion for construction safety (current federal & OSHA requirements is preferred).
• The ability and desire to travel and/or relocate as required.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
• Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within Kiewit and get important hands-on experience
• Our interns have meaningful relations to the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real world areas of the Kiewit organization
• Our long-standing internship program has launched many Kiewit careers, including our Chairman and CEO’s
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Environmental Engineering, Construction, Intern, Engineer, Wastewater, Engineering, Entry Level