Kiewit Corporation Superintendent - Northwest District in Various Locations, Alaska
Date: May 9, 2018
Location: Various Locations, AK, US
Requisition ID: 74622
Kiewit’s Northwest District is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, transportation, roadways, and underground utilities, while developing builders who will lead the company into the future.
We are currently looking for Craft Superintendents to add to our team in Alaksa and our NW region and to continue setting the highest expectations for safety, quality, schedule, cost performance and team development.
• Form and lead an effective discipline team, delegating responsibilities and setting goals
• Assist in the hiring, training and development of craft personnel
• Develop and maintain open communications with crews, Field Engineers/Coordinators, Safety QA/QC and clients
• Assist in preparing work plans and scheduling in determining manpower levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements
• Examine/inspect field conditions and troubleshoot problems, correct inaccuracies, and implement cost saving measures
• Monitor and adhere to established budgetary guidelines for job, and ensure that cost control measures are being followed
• Monitor job safety, and provide job safety training and awareness for all personnel
• Monitor quality standards of all jobs, and ensure that all quality assurance and company standards are being met. Monitor job schedule and coordinate work with contractors and deliveries with suppliers and ensure inspections are scheduled appropriately
• Must be able to develop entire job schedules, 90 day schedules, and three week schedules, man loading
• Advise senior level superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc. Assist in resolving such problems as required
• Perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor
• Over 10+ years of experience in the construction industry for heavy civil/ infrastructure projects
• Must have at least 5 years’ experience of supervisory experience as a Superintendent
• Exposure to various construction disciplines and safety regulations and how to apply them
• Understanding of cost management processes, planning and scheduling
• Working knowledge of computers and experience using Microsoft Office Suite
• Effective oral and written communication skill
• Strong organization/time management skills
• Work independently as well as part of a team.
• Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Must have a positive attitude and possess excellent motivational skills
• Exhibits integrity & ethical behavior in all things; understands Kiewit ethics policy of knowing and acting within policies and practices
• Fast-paced construction operation; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; must be able to freely access all points of a construction site in wide ranging clients and move up objects up to 30 pounds
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, QA, Quality Assurance, Wastewater, Engineering, Quality, Technology