Kiewit Corporation Superintendent - Kiewit Bridge & Marine in Vancouver, Washington
Superintendent - Kiewit Bridge & Marine
Date: Feb 27, 2019
Location: Vancouver, WA, US
Requisition ID: 78681
As a Superintendent you will play a significant part in the success for Kiewit’s Bridge and Marine District and set the highest expectations among your crew for safety, quality, schedule, cost performance and team development. Every day you will bring your hands-on attitude to not only build iconic bridges or marine structures but to also build builders that will continue to shape America’s infrastructure for generations to come.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit’s Bridge & Marine District headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, operates with heavy civil, marine, and industrial capabilities across North America. We are a leader in technical and traditional bridges, bridge like structures, marine structures, and dredge work. Kiewit Bridge & Marine is also the foremost constructor of floating bridges across the United States. If you want to build iconic bridges, this is the district for you!
We currently have work all across the country in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate as business requires. Some of our current projects locations include, Florida, Washington, Oregon, California, Texas, New York, New Jersey, Iowa, and Alaska.
• Form and lead an effective discipline team, delegating responsibilities and setting goals.
• Assist in the hiring, training and development of craft personnel (laborers, craft workers, foreman etc.).
• Develop and maintain open communications with crews, Field Engineers/Coordinators, Safety, Quality and clients.
• Assist in preparing work plans and scheduling in determining manpower levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements.
• Examine/inspect field conditions and troubleshoot problems, correct inaccuracies, and implement cost saving measures.
• Monitor and adhere to established budgetary guidelines for job, and ensure that cost control measures are being followed.
• Monitor job safety, and provide job safety training and awareness for all personnel.
• Monitor quality standards of all jobs, and ensure that all quality assurance and company standards are being met.
• Develop entire job schedules, 90 day schedules, and three week schedules, man loading. Monitor job schedule and coordinate work with contractors and deliveries with suppliers and ensure inspections are scheduled appropriately.
• Advise senior level superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc. Assist in resolving such problems as required.
• Perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor
• 7+ years of experience in the construction industry within the infrastructure division (ideally in bridge and marine work)
• Must have at least 5 years’ experience of supervisory experience as a Superintendent.
• Understanding of cost management processes, planning and scheduling.
• Working knowledge of computers and experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Ability to travel and relocate as business requires
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
Other common names for this role : Structural Superintendent, Heavy Civil Superintendent
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Nearest Secondary Market: Tacoma
Job Segment: Construction, Chemical Research, Engineer, Labor, QA, Engineering, Operations, Quality