Kiewit Corporation Project Controller - Kiewit Bridge & Marine District in Vancouver, Washington
Project Controller - Kiewit Bridge & Marine District
Date: Mar 12, 2019
Location: Vancouver, WA, US
Requisition ID: 78121
Are you interested in being responsible for the business management of projects ranging from $1 million to $4 billion? How about training and developing a team around you? If this is something that interests you, Kiewit is looking for individuals who can make a profound impact on our company culture every day!
The Project Controller is the point person for all accounting and finance needs at a project level. Each project at Kiewit is run like a small business, with the Project Controller acting as the CFO of their project, typically up to $200M in size. This position interfaces directly with project and district level management, providing trusted insight into the financial health of a project. The primary focuses of this position include: evaluating construction job cost, data reporting/analysis for management, budgeting/forecasting and revenue recognition. The Project Controller is also responsible for training, development, and management of all project business staff.
Kiewit’s Bridge & Marine District headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, operates with heavy civil, marine, and industrial capabilities across North America. We are a leader in technical and traditional bridges, bridge like structures, marine structures, and dredge work. Kiewit Bridge & Marine is also the foremost constructor of floating bridges across the United States. If you want to build iconic bridges, this is the district for you!
We have projects all across the United States, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date, but most likely will be Vancouver, WA or Seattle, WA. Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
• 2 - 5 years of financial/data analysis experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or an equivalent degree
• Basic working knowledge of accounting, including: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and tax
• Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel
• Experience working with Pivot Tables, V-Look Ups, and other key excel functions
• Effective communication (both oral and written), organization and interpersonal skills
• Strong work ethic and eagerness to produce high quality results
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
• High level of professionalism and standards
• Must be able to freely access all parts of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
• Travel and/or relocation may be required for this position (up to 50%)
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
• Leads project forecast reviews, utilizes historical and trending data to validate forecast, and follows Company standards for cost and revenue reporting
• Shows eagerness to learn the ins and outs of the field operations to better understand and communicate financial reports and data
• Supports Operations team with decision making by identifying, quantifying, and communicating financial risks and opportunities
• Manages employee performance using the division of responsibilities, clearly communicates expectations and goals, and provides coaching and radically honest feedback during employee performance reviews
• Prepares client invoicing, manages accounts receivable and revenue, and reviews project cash flow projection on a monthly basis
• Reviews and understands prime contract and change orders, including insurance, taxes, payment terms, and labor laws
• Follows and implements proper internal controls, and acts as main point of contact for any internal or external financial audits
• Drives continuous improvement throughout the organization and is a proponent for positive change
• Earns trust, credibility, and buy in of processes from Operations team to create better cohesion and clear communication within the organization
• Displays first-rate customer service skills - willing to help with a positive attitude when/where needed, and be helped with gratitude
Other common names for this role: Business Supervisor, Business Analyst, Financial Analyst, Project Accountant, Business Manager
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Nearest Secondary Market: Tacoma
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Accounting, Engineer, Chemical Research, Accounts Receivable, Finance, Engineering