Kiewit Corporation Senior Design-Build Manager - Western Canada in Vancouver, British Columbia
Senior Design-Build Manager - Western Canada
Date: Dec 13, 2018
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Requisition ID: 77568
Clients turn to Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams, improve scheduling, control costs, and minimize risk. We call it Construction-Driven Engineering. Our team performs and manages the design on infrastructure projects of all sizes throughout the company. Our staff collaborates with and leads design and construction teams to ensure safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
We have many opportunities across Canada and the United States for the right candidates in the fast-track design-build infrastructure industry. Working hard with us will bring you satisfaction from a job well done, and will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. We offer top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities.
Kiewit is a proud user of the InEight suite of project management tools (InEight.com) and is a founding member of the Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA.org).
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) is seeking a Senior Design-Build Manager to manage design on design-build infrastructure pursuits, and projects. Design-Build infrastructure projects include transportation, transit, technical bridge, hydro-electric, and water/waste water projects. The Senior Design-Build Manager will be responsible for leading overall design efforts to meet project financial, schedule, and construction objectives, consistent with KIE Standard Operating Procedures.
• Report to project director responsible for all aspects of design for infrastructure projects valued at greater than $500 million
• Management of KIE design, subconsultant design, coordination with construction management, engineering services during construction, and relations with client design manager
• Aligns design and design-build coordination resources to meet organizational goals for on-time completion, constructability, quality and cost
• Identifies design changes, negotiates solutions, and executes appropriate design change orders
• Resolves conflicts between construction and design teams
• Manages estimating process, strategy, pricing and proposal development
• Facilitates value engineering efforts and partnering with client
• Inspires, coaches, and develops junior team members
• Manages revenue, and takes action to minimize design quantity growth
• Builds and maintains rapport with clients, contractors, internal, and external staff
• Ensures compliance to KIE Design-Build Operations’ standard operating procedures and quality management plans
• 15+ years' experience with focus on infrastructure project design-build management
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Ability to travel as business requires (50-75%)
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Quality Manager, Manager, Compliance, Wastewater, Engineering, Quality, Management, Legal