Kiewit Corporation Scheduling Manager- Western Canada District in Vancouver, British Columbia
Scheduling Manager- Western Canada District
Date: Jul 3, 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Requisition ID: 80097
At Kiewit, we never stop raising the bar. Consistently focused on high quality production, we commit to excellence in all we do. We encourage new and innovative ideas with forward thinking. We build our work right the first time, delivering with a sense of urgency, the highest value to our clients. As our Project Scheduler, you’ll play a key role in the development of company standards and scheduling techniques. You’ll directly impact the scheduling capabilities over a project in various stages of development. By analyzing and monitoring the project’s Critical Path Method (CPM), you’ll prepare reports, develop alternative solutions, and drive successful project completion.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit’s Western Canada District is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, transportation, roadways, bridges, water resources, and underground utilities. We are looking for hard working individuals with a passion for construction who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty! Our current opportunities are spread across the entire west coast of Canada.
We currently have work all across the country in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate as business requires. Some of our current projects locations include, British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan.
• Interacting with Engineers, Estimators, Construction Managers, Senior Management and Subcontractors to discuss and develop schedules, and resolve issues as the arise
• Maintaining the Master Schedule for each project, evaluating and monitoring construction progress, and providing regular schedule updates
• Interacting with Clients and their representatives to represent our schedules and ensure excellent value is being provided
• Reviewing production schedules, work orders, staffing, etc. in order to determine personnel requirements, material requirements and material priorities
• Examining documents, materials, and products
• Monitoring work processes to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with standards and specifications
• Recommending and making modifications to production schedules required due to design changes, material shortages, backlogs, labor, weather, or other interruptions;
• Analyzing delays and impacts;
• Developing recovery and acceleration schedules;
• Assisting Operations with short term schedules;
• Assisting in the development of working schedules for Estimating and Business Development Teams in preparing proposals;
• Providing mentorship in the development of other schedulers.
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or technical training and related experience
• 5+ years of construction experience with Primavera scheduling software, including the following practices:
o Time Impact Analysis
o Cost Loading and Earned Value Management
o Resource Loading and Leveling
o Data entry through import or Global Change
o Linear Scheduling (ideally with TILOS)
• Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, standards, etc., plus an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units
• Prior experience in delay analysis/forensic scheduling
• Proficiency with MS Word, Projects and Excel
• Strong narrative writing skills
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Ability to travel and relocate as business requires
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
Other common names for this role: Scheduling Engineer, Project Controls Engineer
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: District Manager, Engineer, Chemical Research, Business Development, Scheduler, Management, Engineering, Sales, Customer Service