Kiewit Corporation Material Manager in Vancouver, British Columbia
Date: Jul 13, 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Requisition ID: 80475
This position provides project specific leadership and management for large, heavy construction projects. This position manages staff and craft employees, as well as interacts with senior site management, equipment vendors, subcontractors and service providers. The ideal candidate must possess experience in both purchasing and material control. Travel or relocation for long-term and short-term field assignments will be required. The position is operational in nature dealing significantly with field issues at active projects.
• Direct and coordinate activities of personnel both at the site and district office; engaged in the process of buying materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
• Oversee purchasing, receipt, inspection, storage, care and maintenance, material issue, and all related paper functions involved in proper purchasing and material control.
• Manage and control material in and out of warehouse, lay-downs, and project tool rooms.
• Oversee project support responsibilities such as site security, recycling, temporary fencing, jobsite signage, dumpsters, trailer and dry-shack setup.
• Perform and supervise the completion of large project mobilization and/or demobilization efforts.
• Represent company in negotiation and formulation of policies with suppliers.
• Responsible for projections, financial planning, expediting, delivery schedules and project reporting.
• Provide training and conduct material management related audits to ensure procedures are followed.
• Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
• Implement and monitor site specific purchasing and material control plan.
• Communicate and enforce material management procedures to project team.
• Relocate for long-term and short-term field assignments as required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel). SAP experience is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, supply chain management, construction management or equivalent degree and/or a minimum of 5-10 years experience of large construction project purchasing-material control
• Knowledge of purchasing and materials management for large scale construction operations
• Detail-oriented, flexible and highly motivated with a strong work ethic and professional demeanor
• Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
• Team player who can also work independently to meet intense deadlines, goals and objectives
• Ability to manage, train and coach purchasing and material control staff
• Must possess leadership and people management skills
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: ERP, Engineer, Warehouse, Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, Management, Operations