Kiewit Corporation Craft Recruiter - Canada in Vancouver, British Columbia
Craft Recruiter - Canada
Date: Nov 26, 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Requisition ID: 84442
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for aggressively sourcing and recruiting candidates for open skilled trade positions in Canada, with a focus on Western Canada operations.
In this role, you will use a variety of outlets, such as job postings and social media, while effectively targeting the right kinds of candidates for the job. This job requires a highly driven and self-directed individual who can work with limited direction and be extremely proactive.
• Review incoming requisitions to determine whether a qualified candidate pool exists within the existing internal database.
• Partner with other Talent Advisors and Recruiting Managers to develop and execute talent sourcing strategies that yield consistent and strong results.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of the company’s business and culture to help candidates fully comprehend and embrace the career opportunity and to ensure talent identified is aligned with the right opportunities based on business demands and candidate preference.
• Is involved in the full life-cycle of the recruiting process (intake, posting, sourcing, referrals, screening, interviews, offers and handoffs).
• Utilize internal applicant tracking systems (SuccessFactors), LinkedIn, social media, job boards such as Indeed, and other professional network to recruit active and passive candidates for current positions and build talent pipelines for future opportunities.
• Creatively source candidates through cold calling, various associations, LinkedIn, social media, rosters, colleges, universities, and networking etc. to recruit active and passive candidates for current positions and build talent pipelines for future opportunities.
• Clearly communicates updates, challenges, successes on a weekly/daily basis; reporting and metrics.
• Maintain in-house recruiting technology platform to drive accuracy of candidate records, activity status, and provide weekly reports to management.
• Coordinate and book Pre-Access Testing for shortlisted and selected applicants, such as Drug & Alcohol and Physical Screening tests.
• As needed/required, coordinate and book Weld tests for shortlisted and cleared applicants.
• Research current industry recruiting programs and practices.
• Demonstrate commitment to Core Values by leading, acting and behaving in a manner consistent with these values.
• Follow all company safety policies and procedures and attend all safety trainings related to the job.
• Perform other administrative tasks as required and designated by their manager
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field (Human Resources or Business) or 3+ years of equivalent experience, ideally in Human Resources.
• Full cycle recruitment experience preferred
• CHRP and/or RPR designation completed or in the process of completion would be an asset.
• Applicant Tracking System or CRM experience, Success Factors and SAP experience is a plus.
• Customer focused, adaptable, has strong follow up and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage competing demands and priorities/multi-tasking skills.
• Must be collaborative and a team player.
• Results driven, seek accountability, work with sense of urgency, and possess a drive to win, with the ability to follow through with tasks and meet deadlines.
• Social media recruitment experience preferred (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter).
• Ability to work non-standard hours to reach passive candidates and interact with customers across Canada, with focus in the Western Canada Region.
• Knowledge of industrial construction and craft disciplines preferred, but not required
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Recruiting, Engineer, ERP, Social Media, SAP, Human Resources, Engineering, Technology, Marketing