Kiewit Corporation Project Scheduler in Tucson, Arizona
Date: Sep 9, 2019
Location: Tucson, AZ, US
Requisition ID: 81576
As a Scheduler, you’ll play a key role in planning and scheduling activities on a variety of Infrastructure projects. This hands-on role will give you the opportunity to directly impact the scheduling outcome over a broad range of projects in various stages of development and progress. By analyzing, monitoring and maintaining the project’s progress, you’ll prepare and analyze reports, develop alternative solutions, and drive successful project completion.
• Work closely with project managers, engineers, designers, procurement staff, construction managers, contractors and other project services staff to provide detailed planning and scheduling of projects from conceptual planning through engineering and construction.
• Develop and maintain resource loaded schedules, including lists of activities, major milestones, critical approvals, long lead procurement items and other critical project deliverables to be scheduled and tracked for the projects.
• Develop schedule logic and realistic activity durations
• Analyze available manpower and resources, commodity charts, trends, schedule variations, schedule performance and schedule forecast.
• Assess the impact of design changes and schedule slippages and inform company management and clients of all schedule updates.
• Apply vast knowledge of engineering, procurement, and construction terminology and concepts to develop and maintain critic path logic networks; accumulate and access historical data for use in maintaining realistic future planning and forecasting.
• Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult project control problems. May interface with clients, attend regular meetings and give statistical reports.
• A minimum of 5+ years of construction scheduling experience with heavy civil, water/waste water or transit projects
• Proficiency in planning and scheduling using current Primavera P6 software in the Infrastructure industry
• Working knowledge of standard cost control methods utilized in the execution of various types of project (EPC, Joint Venture, Lump Sum, time and Material, Maintenance)
• Proficiency in various project controls software such as Primavera, Microsoft Project, Smart Sheet, Excel and other company-specific software
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or technical training and related experience
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Tucson
Job Segment: Engineer, Scheduler, Procurement, Water Treatment, Engineering, Administrative, Customer Service, Operations