Kiewit Corporation Contracts Specialist (Mexican/US Law) - Kiewit Supply Network in The Woodlands, Texas
Date: May 1, 2018
Location: The Woodlands, TX, US
Requisition ID: 73383
The Contracts Specialist provides negotiation, dispute resolution and legal related support for all project procurement and administration activities for Kiewit. In this role, you will interface with the Project Procurement Manager, Project Manager, Legal Counsel, Director of Procurement, and Sponsor for escalated issues. You will act as a subject matter expert on U.S. and Mexico business laws, Prime and sub level terms and conditions, operate as primary procurement liaison to the legal department, and maintain a high level working knowledge of multiple projects in both Mexico and the United States. If you would like to own a process and make a significant impact as we continue to grow Kiewit Mexico, apply today!
• Identify Prime contract flow down requirements for individual projects and train Procurement Managers on developing project templates.
• Review project contract templates for adherence to project requirements.
• Assist in the development of company-wide procurement templates.
• Provide as-needed training on negotiation, contracts, and terms and conditions.
• Negotiate high risk contracts for various projects.
• Provide negotiation support to project teams and operate as initial legal review.
• Operate as the approving procurement manager for contracts submitted for review and execution.
• Conduct annual review of company contract templates and work with legal department to update as necessary.
• Resolve escalated, complex, or disputed contract issues.
• Oversee all procurement related activities on a project and ensure process adherence on an as needed basis.
• Complete escalated contract negotiations and change orders through close-out and warranty completion.
• Develop and maintain vendor relationships and manage supplier specific vendor template negotiations.
• Support PPM staff meetings and provide legal communication to team.
• Interface with business, legal, risk, tax, suppliers and internal procurement departments.
• Depending on workload, may also be assigned as Project Procurement Manager
• Bi-lingual English / Spanish
• Knowledge of both the United States and Mexico Construction Industries
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, supply chain management or equivalent degree or military / education experience combination
• Legal training (either J.D. or certified paralegal) and understanding of Mexican Business and Federal District Laws along with United States laws
• 8 – 12 years negotiation experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
• Detail-oriented, highly motivated, effective time management skills
• Advanced knowledge in risk evaluation, claims mitigation and dispute resolution
• Strong leadership, management and coaching skills
• As applicable, ability to relocate for short-term field assignments
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Network, Supply, Purchasing, Engineer, Procurement, Technology, Operations, Finance, Engineering