Kiewit Corporation Survey Manager - Kiewit Bridge and Marine District in Seattle, Washington
Survey Manager - Kiewit Bridge and Marine District
Date: Nov 20, 2018
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Requisition ID: 73623
We are currently looking for a hands-on Survey Manager to play a large role in the success and accuracy of our projects. You will have responsibilities over field survey operations, contractual requirements, and model design. To be successful in this role you will need to have a hands-on approach and ability to perform all surveyor functions.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit’s Bridge & Marine District headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, operates with heavy civil, marine, and industrial capabilities across North America. We are a leader in technical and traditional bridges, bridge like structures, marine structures, and dredge work. Kiewit Bridge & Marine is also the foremost constructor of floating bridges across the United States. If you want to build iconic bridges, this is the district for you!
We currently have work all across the country in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate as business requires. Some of our current projects locations include, Florida, Washington, Oregon, California, Texas, New York, New Jersey, Iowa, and Alaska.
Field Survey Operations:
• Establish a project survey plan and outline specific field and office procedures
• Oversee the operation with periodic reviews of record keeping, field procedures and survey audits to ensure that all work is performed in an efficient and professional manner
• Maintain the official set of plans for the survey department
• Provide weekly staff training sessions to ensure a competent and qualified staff
• Know and understand all aspects of the project specifications and tolerances
• Responsible for providing existing field conditions information to engineering and for maintaining As-built drawings for the project
• Set up and ensure accuracy of machine controls
• Solid understanding and ability to troubleshoot Trimble systems
• Includes knowing the requirements for the project, what specific surveys are required for the design, as-built, monumentation and layout.
Design Model Review:
• Conduct design model review to ensure the accuracy of the files prior to being used for survey field calculation.
• Coordinate with the designer the file types required for survey operations
• Establish regular meetings with the designer to review and plan for design survey requests and design model file progression.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred
• Must hold a Valid Professional Surveying License
• 5-10+ years of experience in Construction Survey experience in projects, bridge and structural experience will be beneficial
• General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for civil/structure work standards
• Knowledgeable in construction plan reading
• Knowledge of various Survey instruments including Trimble Total Station, Cat Machine Controls Modeling, Lieca and both GPS RTK rovers and robotic total stations
• Basic computer skills in Microsoft excel and Trimble Business Center/Microstation skills desired
• Basic knowledge of CAD programs a plus
• Proficient computer knowledge including Microsoft Suite
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Ability to travel and relocate as business requires
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
Other common names for this role: Party Chief, Senior Surveyor
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Job Segment: Engineer, District Manager, Drafting, Manager, Wastewater, Engineering, Management