Kiewit Corporation SCADA Communications Engineer - Seattle in Seattle, Washington
SCADA Communications Engineer - Seattle
Date: Jun 5, 2019
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Requisition ID: 80374
Mass Electric Construction Company:
Mass Electric Construction Co. is a subsidiary of the Kiewit Corporation. Since our founding in 1928 in Boston, Massachusetts, Mass. Electric Construction’s philosophy has been to pursue electrical projects that require a higher level of technical and logistical skill. MEC-Transportation has a 55-year tradition of outstanding performance on some of the nation’s most high-profile transportation projects. To date we have completed over $3 billion of transportation projects nationwide. With our skilled and dedicated personnel, combined with cutting edge installation methods and project controls, MEC is setting new standards across every aspect of the market.
MEC-Transportation has projects in cities all across the US, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Our operations include:
• Signal systems
• Overhead contact systems
• Traction power
• Communication systems
• Under general direction, directs, manages, supervises and coordinates the communications and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems engineering activities.
• Responsible for management of Subcontractors performing detailed engineering of systems.
• Developing and leading test programs for factory, field and integration testing. Communications and SCADA systems include but are not limited to
• Fiber optic networks, Telephone and radio communications, CCTV, Access control, Public address, Variable message signs, and Networking
• Perform material takeoffs from drawings, specifications and other contract documents
• Perform basic engineering calculations and technical drafting to support field operations
• Assist Engineers to gather and prepare data for submittal or transmittal to the customer, vendors, subcontractors, governmental agencies, and internal use
• Participate in the preparation of purchase orders and subcontracts, performing minor solicitations and purchasing as requested
• Schedule maintenance and performing updates as directed by others
• Assist in the maintenance of basic project recordkeeping and correspondence functions including daily reports, photographs, requests for information (RFIs), and memorandums
• Enter data into the job cost system and participate in reviewing cost reports with jobsite management
• Assist in generating change orders and as-built data to be reviewed by the Project Manager
• Provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations
• Assist in reviewing and analyzing historical data relative to the project, incorporating various productions and costs appropriate in preparation of a bid
• Complete a plan and specification review for an assigned project, assessing the risk areas and bringing them to the attention of the Senior Estimator
• Complete material and quantity takeoffs according to bid documents
• 3-5 years’ experience working with Communications and SCADA Systems (preferably in a Transit environment)
• Broad understanding of technical electrical systems
• Ability to work across disciplines to deliver a fully integrated system
• Communicate with Subcontractors and self-performing Craft
• Ability to comprehend electro-mechanical design/installation drawings.
• Schedule development and maintenance
• Must be able to access all points of a construction site
• Must be able to work with a team and provide input
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Job Segment: Communications, Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Drafting, Marketing, Engineering