Kiewit Corporation Quality Coordinator - Kiewit Bridge and Marine in Seattle, Washington
Quality Coordinator - Kiewit Bridge and Marine
Date: Oct 8, 2019
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Requisition ID: 83346
At Kiewit, we never stop raising the bar. Consistently focused on high quality production, we commit to excellence in all we do. We encourage new and innovative ideas with forward thinking. We build our work right the first time, delivering with a sense of urgency, the highest value to our clients.
We are currently looking for a Quality Coordinator to support one of Kiewit’s Bridge & Marine District’s projects in Seattle, Washington. In this role, you will reporting directly to the Quality Manager and be responsible for tracking NCRs, punchlists, quality documentations transmittal to ST, attending quality meetings and purchasing supplies for the Quality team.
Kiewit’s Bridge & Marine District headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, operates with heavy civil, marine, and industrial capabilities across North America. We are a leader in technical and traditional bridges, bridge like structures, marine structures, and dredge work. Kiewit Bridge & Marine is also the foremost constructor of floating bridges across the United States. If you want to build iconic bridges, this is the district for you!
• Help monitor the project quality program based upon contract requirements and company quality standard
• Directly supervise and manage inspection and testing personnel
• Develop positive and trustworthy relationships with the client
• Provide technical expertise, troubleshooting and solutions for quality issues
• Ensure proper documentation and recordkeeping is performed, validated and easily retrievable through audit
• Promote and enforce quality processes with a goal of performing work right the first time
• Communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, or contractors
• Ensure that all non-conformance work is properly reported, tracked and documented
• Research, read and interpret construction plans, standards and specifications
• Assist with the development of Root Cause Analysis
• Personally meet deadlines and contribute in a positive, safe, professional and high-quality project
• Experience in a construction-related field or engineering
• Experience developing and implementing construction quality management programs in the Infrastructure Construction Industry
• Competent math, computer, verbal and written communication skills; proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and SharePoint
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Job Segment: Engineer, Quality Manager, Developer, Inspector, Quality, Engineering, Technology