Kiewit Corporation Preconstruction / Senior Estimating Manager - Kiewit Building Group in Seattle, Washington
Preconstruction / Senior Estimating Manager - Kiewit Building Group
Date: Jul 3, 2019
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Requisition ID: 80362
This role will be a key leader for the West Operations (Washington, Alaska, Hawaii, Oregon, California) preconstruction and estimating efforts for Kiewit Building Group.
Less than 10% travel throughout the year is anticipated.
Kiewit Building Group (KBG) specializes in commercial building and vertical construction projects and is headquartered in Englewood, CO.
Kiewit Building Group is looking for an Preconstruction/Senior Estimating Manager that can lead estimates up to $100 million specifically for vertical commercial projects in the markets of higher education, government, healthcare, and general commercial building. Duties will include, but are not limited to leading a team of estimators, reading and interpreting documents, subcontractor solicitation, analyzing drawing and specifications, reviewing and assisting with proposals and other documentation to prepare cost estimates for various projects. Conceptual estimating, preconstruction services, Seattle/Puget Sound experience, is strongly preferred.
• Undergraduate degree in construction management, construction engineering, civil engineer, architecture, or related field.
• 5+ years of estimating experience required where you have been the lead estimator for at least half that time.
• Passion for preconstruction and estimating.
• Applicant must be familiar with conceptual, hard bid and self-perform estimating.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must be detail oriented and technically sound with good communication skills.
• A Strong work ethic is a must.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to utilize computers, and experienced with Microsoft Office, On Screen takeoff, Hard Dollar, Timberline and/or MC2, or other estimating software programs.
• Applicant should be interested in professional development and continued education.
• Hard Dollar Estimating Software experience, LEED AP distinction and BIM experience a plus.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Water Treatment, Wastewater, Construction Engineer, Engineering, Management