Kiewit Corporation Electrical Superintendent - Seattle in Seattle, Washington
Electrical Superintendent - Seattle
Date: Apr 13, 2019
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Requisition ID: 79576
Mass. Electric Construction Co. is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation. Based in Dallas, Texas, our transit service includes signal, overhead contact systems, traction power and communications systems for clients nationwide.
To learn more about Mass Electric please go to www.masselec.com.
Electrical Superintendents’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: Supervise construction projects. Perform daily inspections of work performed. Act as liaison and coordinator between contractors. Solve problems that arise. Establish budgetary guidelines for the job, and ensure that cost control measures are being followed. Provide job safety training and awareness for all personnel. Establish quality standards of all jobs, and ensure that all quality assurance and company standards are being met. Develop and manage job schedules (e.g. three week, 90 day, man loading), coordinate work with contractors and deliveries with suppliers and ensure inspections are scheduled appropriately.
• A minimum of five years’ experience as General Foreman or Superintendent
• Management of union labor a plus
• Direct and supervise crews
• Broad understanding of technical electrical systems, including but not limited to:
• Underground layout and installation
• Instrumentation installation
• Above ground systems layout and installations, including but not limited to:
• Conduit installations within hazardous locations
• Cable tray systems
• Cable pulling in conduit and tray
• Experience managing 20-50 craft employees at one time
• Prepared to attend meetings with customers and owners/general contractors
• Must have a positive attitude and possess excellent motivational skills
• Adapt to new surroundings and new people
• Must be able to access all points of a construction site
• Must be able to work with a team and provide input
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Willing to travel and relocate on an as needed basis; nationwide
• Able to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Job Segment: Construction, Chemical Research, Engineer, Electrical, Instrumentation, Engineering