Kiewit Corporation Scheduler - Southern California District in Santa Fe Springs, Louisiana
Scheduler - Southern California District
Date: Aug 11, 2019
Location: Santa Fe Springs, LA, CA, US
Requisition ID: 81013
We have projects all across the United States, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate anywhere in the country, as frequently as business needs require.
Southern California District:
Kiewit’s Southern California (SoCal) District is headquartered in Santa Fe Springs, CA (LA area). We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, water treatment facilities, transportation, roadways, and underground utilities, while developing builders who will lead the company into the future.
As a Project Scheduler in our SoCal District you will work out of the Santa Fe Springs, CA office and will support projects throughout the Southern California region, building out project/construction schedules for all types of infrastructure work across the region.
• Prepare standard progress reports for each assigned project
• Read and interpret construction drawings and job specifications
• Confirm project status; identify and report on variations in the schedule in a timely manner
• Coordinate the development, maintenance, and review of department project and schedules
• Upload original and updated budgets to reflect current status
• Maintain careful documentation of all schedule submittals so that any requests for time adjustments can be measured against the approved schedule in place at the time of impact is claimed
• Track the contract document requirements for schedule adherence, as well as change orders and contract amendments
• Interpret performance curve data and forecast productivity; provide manpower information for forecasting
• Assist in bid schedule creation per client requirements
• Interface with clients, owners and representatives
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management or related field
• 3-5 years of experience actively running a project schedule for large scale projects utilizing Primavera 6 is required
• Strong attention to detail; ability to recognize discrepancies
• Proficient computer knowledge including Microsoft Suite and Primavera 6
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work individually and as a team
• Committed to working safe and getting the job done right the first time
• Ability to travel and relocate is required
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Engineer, Scheduler, Business Manager, Wastewater, Engineering, Customer Service, Administrative, Management