Kiewit Corporation Superintendent - Southern California District in Santa Fe Springs, California
Superintendent - Southern California District
Date: Jul 3, 2019
Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA, US
Requisition ID: 80357
Kiewit’s SoCal District is headquartered in Santa Fe Springs, CA. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, water treatment facilities, transportation, roadways, and underground utilities, while developing builders who will lead the company into the future.
As a Superintendent you will play a significant part in the success for Kiewit’s Southern California District. You will function as a field supervisor and may have responsibility for multiple Foreman, and/or laborers/craft workers. You will be responsible for the organization, work methods, scheduling, cost control, conformity with drawings and specification, and workmanship either directly or through General Foreman or Foreman.
You will also work to maintain positive working relationships with clients, architect/engineer, suppliers, subcontractors, and jobsite staff. You will lead crews to complete these projects while setting the highest expectations for safety, quality, schedule, and cost performance.
• Lead an effective discipline team, delegating responsibilities and setting goals to ensure a production of high-quality work that meets the requirements of company policies, procedures, industry standards, and client expectations.
• Assist in the hiring, training and development of craft personnel.
• Develop and maintain open communications with Crews, Field Engineers/Coordinators, Safety QA/QC and Clients.
• Liaise with field engineers to ensure construction complies with drawings, specifications and all contractual requirements
• Assist in preparing and executing work plans, manpower levels, material quantities, schedules and equipment requirements.
• Monitor the unit man-hour performance report on a weekly basis.
• Monitor job schedule to ensure it’s on track and coordinate work with contractors and deliveries with suppliers and ensure inspections are scheduled appropriately.
• Must be able to develop entire job schedules, 90 day schedules, and three week schedules, man loading
• Examine/inspect field conditions and troubleshoot problems, correct inaccuracies, and implement cost saving measures.
• Monitor and adhere to established budgetary guidelines for job, and ensure that cost control measures are being followed.
• Monitor job safety and proactively identify safety hazards in the workplace creating safety awareness and taking all necessary corrective action.
• Oversee quality standards and ensure that all quality assurance and company standards are being met.
• Inform senior leadership and/or project management of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc. and assist in troubleshooting these issues.
• Perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor
• 7+ years of construction experience with 2+ years being in a Superintendent/Leadership capacity (preferably working on infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, dams, water/wastewater treatment plants etc.)
• Must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding Kiewit’s policies, procedures and software programs.
• Ability to identify and resolve any problems that may arise.
• Understanding of cost management processes, planning and scheduling.
• Working knowledge of computers and experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience in managing up to 20 craft employees at a time.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organization/time management skills.
• Work independently as well as part of a team.
• Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Must have a positive attitude and possess excellent motivational skills
• Exhibits integrity & ethical behavior in all things; understands Kiewit ethics policy of knowing and acting within policies and practices.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Chemical Research, Labor, QA, Engineering, Operations, Quality