Kiewit Corporation Project Engineer - Southern California District 1 in Santa Fe Springs, California
Project Engineer - Southern California District 1
Date: May 14, 2019
Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA, US
Requisition ID: 80223
This opportunity is with Kiewit’s Southern California District, we do work all across the Southern California region..
Kiewit’s SoCal District is headquartered in Santa Fe Springs, CA. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, water treatment facilities, transportation, roadways, and underground utilities, while developing builders who will lead the company into the future.
The Project Engineer will support construction activities by planning, organizing and implementing project management tools (i.e., project controls systems, engineering interface, subcontract and materials management, purchasing, scheduling). The role will provide project administration or support to a Project Manager on larger projects and manage technical and administrative staff.
• Develop complete understanding of project contract plans and specifications
• Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise and take corrective actions as needed
• Inspect subordinates’ work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed
• Develop and maintain the project master schedule using appropriate techniques and scheduling software with input from other project management personnel
• Manage document control; receive and log in new issue drawings and other contract documents; maintain document control log
• Review new issue drawings and contract documents for change of conditions; quantify impact of changes and review with supervisor; distribute new issues to field
• Prepare monthly cost projections using information generated from project management systems and prepare quarterly cash flow projections
• Improve project operations by recommending, as appropriate, better methods, staffing and procedural changes
• Manage and support project team including direct reports and others as needed
• Help drive the company environmental health and safety programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work
• Bachelor’s degree in a construction-related field or equivalent experience and education in project or field engineering
• 5+ years’ experience in construction or engineering field within the infrastructure/Heavy Civil industry
• Proven abilities and skills in the following: leadership and management of people, communication (verbal and written), planning, organization, delegation as well as teaching and mentoring
• Ability to set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity for his/her subordinates
• Working knowledge and ability to direct the operation of at least the following management systems: accounts payable/accounts receivable, materials control, estimating, job cost updates and subcontracts
• Willing to relocate and travel as business needs arise
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively
• Must be able to regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen
• Occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Project Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Accounts Receivable, Finance, Engineering