Kiewit Corporation Early Career Substation Engineer - Kiewit Power Engineers in Raleigh, North Carolina
Early Career Substation Engineer - Kiewit Power Engineers
Date: Feb 7, 2020
Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Requisition ID: 87519
• Assist project team in creating all design documents and drawings, including one and three-line diagrams, protection and control schematics, communications diagrams, wiring diagrams, substation layout plan, section and detail drawings and application of mark-ups for project built drawings.
• Specification development for the procurement, installation and testing of substation equipment.
• Apply engineering application software to complete engineering tasks such as ground grid design, equipment sizing, relay coordination, and electrical studies.
• Communicate and coordinate project activities with project lead, customer representatives, and other stakeholders.
• Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
• At least one-two years’ experience performing engineering related duties
• Knowledge of engineering standards including NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI
• Eligibility to take Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam or Engineer-In-Training (EIT) license
• Legally able to work in the United States for any length of time
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; fluent in the English language
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Procurement, Testing, Engineering, Operations, Technology