Kiewit Corporation Substation Designer/Drafter in Portland, Oregon
Date: Nov 7, 2019
Location: Portland, OR, US
Requisition ID: 83648
We are currently looking for motivated Substation Designer/Drafter to join our growing Substation and Transmission Line Design team in Portland, OR. As part of the team of highly specialist design professional, you will support variety of substation, transmission and distribution project ranging from 12kv to 500kV. We are supporting both engineering design and EPC projects for clients throughout the country.
• Work with Engineers and Designer to develop the design documents and drawings for Substation or Transmission Line project.
• Create design/construction drawing package for substation design project including substation general plan, elevation and detail, bill of material, conduit and cable schedule.
• Provide drafting support for various type of substation project including physical, electrical and protection and control design.
• Utilize company standards, client standards, and/or Engineering direction to produce new drawings and update existing drawings utilizing AutoCAD, Microstation or PLS-C ADD
• Maintain document management system with quality data.
• Train, develop and mentor the less-experienced design team members
• Perform quality control checks and provide feedback to team members
• 3+ years’ experience in design and/or drafting disciplines with a background in electrical substation, civil /structural or transmission line design
• Minimum GED Diploma with drafting or electrical design training.
• Bachelor’s degree in Drafting/Design preferred
• Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD or Microstation
• Ability to work in a growing, adaptive and multi-discipline team environment
• Ability to work independently with limited direction and oversight
• Legally able to work within the United States for any length of time
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English language
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Job Segment: Drafting, Engineer, Electrical, QC, Document Management, Engineering, Quality, Technology