Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Transmission Designer in Portland, Oregon
Mid-Level Transmission Designer
Date: Jun 29, 2019
Location: Portland, OR, US
Requisition ID: 79128
• Lead the development and review of transmission design criteria; design transmission line projects using Power Line Systems (PLS) software suite.
• Continuously learn and apply transmission standards and specifications from multiple clients; provide ongoing training and mentorship to team designers.
• Develop transmission standards and specifications.
• Prepare documentation and deliverables for construction packages.
• Prepare transmission studies and reports.
• At least 5-8 years’ related experience with PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE and SAG10
• Proficient with AutoCAD and/or Micro-station
• Ability to take the lead on projects with minimal supervision and direction
• Associate’s degree in engineering, engineering technology (or equivalent) or relevant certification
• Experience with Geography Information Systems (GIS) and Mapping programs
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Job Segment: Engineer, Geology, GIS, Information Systems, Wastewater, Engineering, Technology