Kiewit Corporation Track/Rail Estimator (Southwest) 1 in Phoenix, Arizona
Track/Rail Estimator (Southwest) 1
Date: Aug 1, 2019
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Requisition ID: 80907
This position will be based in our estimating office in Phoenix,AZ. Our primary markets include major projects in Heavy Civil, Transportation, Power, and Water/Wastewater. The Discipline Estimator will be responsible for specific areas of the estimating and bidding process. The main areas of focus will be completion of a portion of an estimate in specific discipline of work, such as sitework & grading work, utility work, deep foundations, structural concrete, steel and precast erection, major bridge construction, and mechanical work. Discipline estimators report to the Chief Estimator
This position will be based in our estimating office in Phoenix, AZ. The Rail Estimator will be responsible for specific areas of the estimating and bidding process. The main areas of focus will be completion of a portion of an estimate in track work, Including ballasted track, direct fixation track, embedded track, and associated material handling.
• Required to develop project estimates meeting the requirements of the bid documents.
• Prepare estimates to ensure all factors are properly considered, priced, and included in the estimate summary.
• Other duties will include performing site visits, job cost projections/audits and constructability studies.
• Technical Specification review.
• Quantity takeoffs.
• Estimating direct items with correct crews, equipment, and productions.
• Soliciting permanent material and subcontractor pricing.
• Presenting estimate for management review in a neat and organized manner.
• Closing out the estimate.
• Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Ability to be part of team pulling complex technical project estimates together.
• Understanding of CPM Scheduling.
• Engineering or Construction Management Degree or
• Minimum of 5 years of field experience with Rail or Track, ideally as a crew supervisor – Foreman, General Foreman, Field Engineer, Project Engineer, or Superintendent
• Minimum 2 years estimating experience
• Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, SharePoint, etc., Bluebeam, Hard Dollar, CAD programs, , and structured digital file management.
• Skilled in Blueprint reading, including but not limited to general arrangements, orthographics, plans and elevations, rebar detail drawings, topographic site and grading plans.
• Ability to read and accurately interpret project specifications.
• Be able to conceptually visualize the general intent on incomplete drawings and be able to offer value engineering alternates.
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and Canada
Job Segment: Estimator, Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Drafting, Finance, Engineering
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Job Segment: Estimator, Engineer, CAD, Developer, Drafting, Finance, Engineering, Technology