Kiewit Corporation Survey Manager in Phoenix, Arizona
Date: Feb 13, 2020
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Requisition ID: 91164
As a Survey Manager you will play an integral role in establishing and maintaining methods for safe, accurate and efficient Survey Field Operations
This position will most likely be based in Phoenix but could be relocated to Seattle or Southern California.
As a Survey Manager you will have responsibilities over field survey operations. The Survey Manager should plan to spend 80% - 100% of his/her time in the field managing survey field operations.
Field Survey Operations:
• Implementing the project survey plan specific to field operations.
• Oversee the operation with periodic reviews of record keeping, field procedures and survey audits to ensure that all work is performed in an efficient and professional manner.
• Maintain accurate and legible field notes.
• Setting and maintenance of control network.
• Managing layout work
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Construction Survey, Dimensional Control, Industrial Measurement, or a related field is required
• Trimble experience is a plus
• Must be able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to perform calculations (area, volume, circumference, proportion, percentage)
• Dynamic thinker with the desire to lead, motivate and mentor teams
• Self-starter with the ability to set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work individually and as a team
• Committed to working safe and getting the job done right the first time
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must be willing to work 50-60 hours per week, along with weekends
• Will manage a diverse workload; must be able to handle stress and immediate deadlines
• Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management
• Occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds
• Must be able to work regularly scheduled hours and occasional irregular hours
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Surveyor, Engineering, Management