Kiewit Corporation Project Controls Analyst - Phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona
Project Controls Analyst - Phoenix
Date: Jun 3, 2019
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Requisition ID: 80356
Mid-level project controls position. Develops planning/scheduling and budget cost controls with support and direction from Senior Project Controls personnel.
• Develop, update and maintain resource loaded project schedules that are fully integrated with Kiewit Infrastructure engineering partner(s). Organize and document project planning sessions.
• Merge project engineering and procurement with construction and commissioning schedules then maintain throughout the job.
• Develop and publish monthly deliverable curves and graphs.
• Develop and maintain budget and cost reports, earned value analyses, and resource planning and allocation.
• Compile summary level project reports for management.
• Analyze project controls data to assist project manager in directing project activities. Assist in the tracking of project change orders and development of projections.
• Assist project managers with development of project procedures.
• Travel to jobsites to participate in project status updates.
• Provide analysis and feedback regarding project closeout information to the business development department.
• Assist in developing projections for projects.
• Utilize the quality assurance manual.
• Complete progress and quantity audits to validate reported progress.
• Complete time impact analyses and support contract management in resolution to impacts.
• Assist the project in compiling and management the short term schedule development and reporting (90 day, 3 week and 1 week look ahead schedules)
• Produce monthly process report to include reporting on schedule and cost progress, trends and forecasts.
• Knowledge of project management software such as Primavera, Excel, Word, Access, and quantity management tools
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
• Knowledgeable regarding project management principles
• High degree of confidentiality and integrity with sensitive information
• Comfortable in a project leadership role, including calling and managing a meeting, and making decisions with regards to project budget and schedule
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or technical training and related experience
• A minimum of 4 years of project controls experience on a project
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Job Segment: Engineer, Business Development, QA, Quality Assurance, Procurement, Engineering, Sales, Technology, Quality, Operations