Kiewit Corporation Concrete Paving Superintendent in Phoenix, Arizona
Concrete Paving Superintendent
Date: Jan 18, 2019
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Requisition ID: 77682
As a PCCP Superintendent you will play a significant part in the success for Kiewit’s Southwest District. You will function as a Superintendent and may have responsibility for multiple Foreman, and/or laborers/craft workers. You with be responsible for the PCCP organization, plan for safety, quality, PCCP work methods, scheduling, cost control, conformity with drawings and specification and overall workmanship. You will also work to maintain positive working relationships with clients, architect/engineer, suppliers, subcontractors, and jobsite staff.
Kiewit Southwest District specializes in heavy civil, transportation and water projects, we typically self-perform a large portion of the work. We self-perform work such as mass grading, drainage, PCCP paving, utilities and more. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry with safety, quality, costs and schedule in mind.
This opportunity will support Kiewit infrastructure projects in our geographical area including Arizona, Utah, Nevada and Idaho, in addition, we may be required to JV with other Kiewit districts throughout the United States. This job requires you to travel and relocate as needed.
• Manage all PCCP/Barrier operations
• Major focus on safety and quality
• Hire, build and retain a PCCP/Barrier crew
• Schedule all PCCP/Barrier operations
• Work closely with project management team
• High focus on cost vs budget
• Develop and execute all work plans
• Develop and maintain positive owner relations
• 10+ years of construction experience with 3+ years being in a Superintendent/Leadership capacity (preferably working on infrastructure projects with PCCP and barrier operations)
• Must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding Kiewit’s policies, procedures and software programs.
• Ability to identify and resolve any problems that may arise.
• Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong experience in Leadership, safety, negotiations, planning, and contract administration
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Chemical Research, Labor, Wastewater, Engineering, Operations