Kiewit Corporation Survey Manager - Ottawa LRT in Ottawa, Ontario
Survey Manager - Ottawa LRT
Date: Jun 25, 2019
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Requisition ID: 80321
We are currently looking for a Survey Manager in Ontario that will play a large role in the success and accuracy of our projects. You will have responsibilities over contractual requirements, design model review and field survey operations.
The candidate has to be ready to do rotation job out of Toronto.
Includes knowing the requirements for the project, what specific surveys are required for the design, asbuilt, asbuilt reports, monumentation and layout.
Design Model Review
• Conducted to ensure the accuracy of the files prior to being used for survey field calculations
• Coordinate with the designer the file types required for survey operations
• Establish regular meetings with the designer to review and plan for design survey requests and design model file progression
Field Survey Operations
• Establish a project survey plan and outline specific field and office procedures
• Oversee the operation with periodic reviews of record keeping, field procedures and survey audits to ensure that all work is performed in an efficient and professional manner
• Ensure all drawings being used are verified that they are the latest drawings are being used
• Provide weekly staff training sessions to ensure a competent and qualified staff
• Know and understand all aspects of the project specifications and tolerances
• Responsible for providing existing field conditions information to engineering and for maintaining As-built drawings for the project.
• Geomatics / Civil Tech Diploma preferred
• Eligibility with ASET consider an asset
• 10+ years of experience in Construction Survey experience in energy projects, track experience would be very beneficial
• General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for civil/structure work standards
• Knowledgeable in construction plan reading, attention to the details of the project plans a requirement
• Knowledge of various Survey instruments including Trimble, Lieca and both GPS RTK rovers and robotic total stations
• Basic computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Trimble Business Center/Microstation skills desired
• Basic knowledge of CIVIL3D and/or CAD programs a requirement
• Must be able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to perform calculations (area, volume, circumference, proportion, percentage)
• Dynamic thinker with the desire to lead, motivate and mentor teams
• Self-starter with the ability to set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong work ethic with the ability to work individually and as a team
• Committed to working safely and getting the job done right the first time
• Ability to travel and relocate as required.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Manager, Wastewater, Engineering, Management