Kiewit Corporation Executive Assistant - Ottawa LRT in Ottawa, Ontario
Executive Assistant - Ottawa LRT
Date: Nov 26, 2019
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Requisition ID: 84363
We are currently looking for a proactive Executive Assistant to support our growing demands in Kiewit’s LRT project in Ottawa. This is an exciting and dynamic position where you will provide our senior leaders support to help maximize their efficiency and produce results.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
Kiewit’s Western Canada District is headquartered in Oakville, Ontario. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, transportation, roadways, bridges, water resources, and underground utilities. We are looking for hard working individuals with a passion for construction who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty! Our current opportunities are spread across the entire west coast of Canada.
• Coordinate schedules, and complex travel arrangements for Senior Leaders
• Arrange internal & external meetings including sourcing venues, monitoring attendance, equipment set up (teleconferencing etc.), and providing catering
• Complete all expense reports on time and accurately
• Help executives with both calendar and email management
• Provide district office support including meeting minutes, reception coverage, coordination of team building events
• Provide logistical support to Kiewit Sponsored events (hosting requirements, marketing materials, prizes etc.).
• Help support the development of Business Development Material (presentations etc.).
• Provide backup for other Executive Assistants
• Always strive for continuous improvement ensuring we are maximizing our efficiencies
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High school diploma and at least five (5) + years applicable executive-level support experience, preferably in one of the following fields: engineering, construction or oil/gas/chemicals.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint.
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Legally entitled to work in Canada
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Administrative Assistant, Secretary, Engineer, Business Development, Developer, Administrative, Engineering, Sales, Technology