Kiewit Corporation Environmental Coordinator - Ottawa in Ottawa, Ontario
Environmental Coordinator - Ottawa
Date: Jun 1, 2019
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Requisition ID: 79813
Key Duties and Responsabilities:
• Perform regulatory research to determine compliance requirements with all permits and ensuring compliance with environmental legislation.
• Leading the implementation of environmental policies and practices
• Coordinating all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy
• Training staff at all levels in environmental issues and responsibilities
• Promoting and raising awareness, at all levels of an organization, of the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practice, on corporate, ethical and social responsibility.
• Carrying out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce an organization’s environmental risks and financial costs.
• Respond to project requests and needs for assistance with environmental compliance.
• Obtain permits for new and existing projects.
• Negotiating environmental service agreements and managing associated costs
• Perform and assist with environmental assessments and compliance audits.
• Managing the development and implementation of an environmental management system.
• Developing and implementing environmental strategies and action plans that ensure corporate sustainable development.
• Working with Procurement on establishing sustainable procurement for all goods and services
• 1-5 years of work experience with some exposure to regulatory requirements and compliance.
• Bachelor Degree in Environmental Studies
• Highly motivated and self-managed to get things done right the first time.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong organization/time management skills.
• Strong work ethic, detailed oriented, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Uncompromising attitude toward safety
• Willingness and ability to relocate, long term, to job sites
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Compliance, Procurement, Water Treatment, Engineering, Legal, Operations