Kiewit Corporation Construction Director - Ottawa LRT in Ottawa, Ontario
Construction Director - Ottawa LRT
Date: Sep 9, 2019
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Requisition ID: 80247
As the Project Sponsor you will have overall accountability for one or more projects and play a key leadership role as the representative for Kiewit ensuring our projects are delivered on time, on budget and continue to surpass client expectations.
• Championing the project and getting buy in on project throughout the organization
• Successfully launching the project ensuring business need is validated and correctly prioritized
• Ensuring the project organization, roles and reporting structure and key deliverables are established
• Being the liaison between the project, the business community and the management group
• Overseeing the project to ensure it remains a viable business proposition, changes are managed and risks are assessed
• Initiating project reviews and supporting the process of review with project team
• Providing business expertise and guidance to the Project Manager and help with key decisions that may be beyond the authority of the Project Manager
• Acting as an arbitrator resolving project issues and conflicts such as competition for resources, priority clashes etc.
• Ensuring the implementation of Kiewit’s strong safety and quality culture are integrated throughout project organization
• Stepping into the Project Manager position when needed
• At least 15+ years’ related experience building or estimating heavy civil construction and infrastructure projects
• Ideally have a Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar
• Experience leading multi-million dollar contracts, including ownership of operations, project administration, client relations and all other scopes relative to large construction projects
• Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Construction, Manager, Engineer, Law, Wastewater, Engineering, Management, Legal