Kiewit Corporation Quality Manager - Structural Steel in Orlando, Florida
Quality Manager - Structural Steel
Date: May 14, 2019
Location: Orlando, FL, US
Requisition ID: 80218
• Promote and maintain effective communications and relations with district management, project management teams, authorized inspectors and engineer or client as required.
• Recruit, hire, train, mentor and supervise district and project quality control inspectors.
• Coordinate quality control staffing needs on projects and assign qualified personnel.
• Work with other districts as needed to share resources.
• Assist project teams in setting up the quality department and preparing for project kick-off and pre-job planning meetings. Assist in identifying the proper Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s), checklists, and other documentation for the project.
• Support project teams in the development and implementation of project quality plans and supplemental procedures as needed.
• Facilitate resolution of issues by working with Project Quality Managers and Project Managers.
• Monitor and report district quality incident.
• Oversee code compliance for work.
• Liaison between authorized inspection agency and jurisdictional authorities. Assist in acquiring authorized inspection services to the projects.
• Research and answer technical questions; assist in the interpretation of construction codes and standards.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical, electrical, welding, civil engineering or construction management/engineering is preferred
• At least ten years’ experience developing and implementing construction quality management programs in the Infrastructure industry
• Certifications from AWS, CWB, API, ACI, ICBO, ASNT, NACE, etc. are advantageous.
• Experience working on projects alongside the Army Corps. Of Engineers is preferred.
• Exceptional math, computer, verbal and written communication skills; proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Effective organizational and time management skills
• Effective analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
• Ability to travel and/or relocate as required
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Orlando
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Quality Manager, Welding, Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing