Kiewit Corporation Paving Foreman - Orlando - SE in Orlando, Florida
Paving Foreman - Orlando - SE
Date: Jan 22, 2020
Location: Orlando, FL, US
Requisition ID: 89099
• Use effective verbal and written communication skills. Display mathematical ability to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
• Read, understand and enforce company policies and procedures. Plan and execute the assigned work in accordance with those policies and procedures.
• Read, understand and produce work from blueprints and drawings.
• Objectively analyze the work of coworkers and subordinates and effectively communicate improvement objectives. Initiate disciplinary measures when appropriate.
• Identify areas of improvement and cost-savings and communicate to superintendent.
• Listen to direction and suggestions from employees and management regarding safe and proper work practices. Take necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize safety hazards.
• Understand and respond to all safety hazards, manage work crews safely.
• Produce quality work meeting company and industry standards.
• Must be able to perform general tasks and required skills such as lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling motions as identified for the position.
• Ten years of experience in construction is preferred, with lead-man capabilities and skills in a trade or craft.
• Must understand verbal and written instructions and safety rules, and be able to read safety signs and warnings.
• Must be capable of reading and producing work from blueprints and drawings.
• Must be adept in the activities of workers supervised.
• Knowledge of operating various craft tools.
• Knowledge of equipment rigging is essential, as well as the use of compressors, winches, snorkels and welding equipment. Ability to operate a forklift and crane is helpful.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Orlando
Job Segment: Engineer, Welding, Warehouse, Forklift, Water Treatment, Engineering, Manufacturing