Kiewit Corporation Engineering Intern - Mass. Electric Transportation in ON, California
Date: May 4, 2018
Location: ON, CA
Requisition ID: 74488
We have projects all across the United States & Canada, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date.
Who We Are :
Kiewit’s roots can be traced back to 1884, where two brothers took a dream, some bricks and a little bit of mortar to build the foundation for what would become one of the largest and most respected construction, mining, and engineering companies in North America.
Mass Electric Construction Co. is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation, based in Irving, TX with projects stretched across all of North America.
Our operations :
• Signal systems
• Overhead contact systems
• Traction power and communication systems
• And more
Do you think you have the ability to be the “front lines” of the engineering effort on a construction project? Are you able to master and execute all aspects of administrative and technical project controls? Do you have an unyielding desire to build work at the lowest cost while elevating our safety and quality programs? If so, then our team is looking for you.
We’d like someone with a particular passion for building best-in-class construction projects. This position will initially be located in the US; however, the position requires the ability to relocate to Canada. As we keep working hard, we have plenty of fun along the way and stay focused executing our long term strategic goals. Are you ready?
What to Expect:
• Travel the country
• Build complex projects
• Make a profound impact
As a Field Engineering Transit Systems Intern you’ll be introduced to a variety of office and field activities as well as estimating in order to develop your understanding of construction. You’ll work with:
• Shop drawings
• Take offs
• Pay requests
• Contract changes
• Project documentation
This position will typically report into a Field Engineer or Project Engineer. You will also have responsibility for working with crews and other office personnel. You will have a role on the front-lines of the most important projects we build.
What You’ll Need :
• Pursuing bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or a related degree.
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings.
• Strong work ethic — highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft programs.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Comprehensive written and verbal communications skills.
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Knowledge and passion for construction safety (current federal & OSHA requirements is preferred).
• The ability and desire to travel and/or relocate as required.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development
• Internships are a great opportunity to explore many different specialty construction and engineering areas within Kiewit and get important hands-on experience
• Our interns have meaningful relations to the industry's top talent for guidance, and have significant responsibilities in real world areas of the Kiewit organization
• Our long-standing internship program has launched many Kiewit careers, including our Chairman and CEO’s
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Construction, Intern, Transportation, Engineer, Field Engineer, Engineering, Entry Level