Kiewit Corporation Talent Development Coordinator - HR Operations in Omaha, Nebraska
Talent Development Coordinator - HR Operations
Date: Dec 4, 2018
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 78346
As a Talent Development Coordinator for the Coordination and Logistics Department in Talent Development, you will be assigned to support specific Region / Districts / groups as needed and be responsible for designated Corporate Training Program administration and coordination.
Talent Development’s Mission is to create a coordinated Kiewit development effort to ensure consistency, continuous learning and drive the development of an employee from internship to executive leadership. Coordination and Logistics supports that with two missions. The first is to implement and manage sustainable processes for delivering high-quality coordination and execution of Kiewit Talent Development programs. The second is to lead the company in maintaining quality Talent Development data to ensure the ability to utilize for future decisions and analytics. If this resonates with you and your career path, look no further.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
This position is based out of our Kiewit University at 1450 Mike Fahey Street in Omaha, NE. Kiewit University is our very own state of the art facility providing Innovation, Learning and Leadership classes to Kiewit employees. This is a business environment in a professional office setting.
Nomination Process Execution
• Provide applicable eligibility reports, self-nomination list and other necessary data support for nomination selection.
• Receive and enter nominations in each nomination cycle.
• Approve self-nominations in Talent Navigator as directed.
Talent Navigator Administration and Process Support
• Enter and maintain Annual Learning Calendar activities into Talent Navigator Learning, including but not limited to District and Project specific training, Corporate Training or other initiatives, Compliance Training, Talent Development Gold Standard, Gold Standard and Engineer Development offerings.
• Responsible for learner enrollments, changes, and drops.
• Accurately record learning completions including notes for any incomplete or partial completions.
• Input facilitator assignments into necessary systems & applications for accurate tracking.
• Create Survey Evaluations, Quizzes, and Exams in Talent Navigator as needed for learning events.
• Enter any external learning events and completions as needed.
• Monitor and report on pre-requisite and pre-work status of learners as needed to ensure success.
• Upload Assessments into Talent Navigator (StrengthsFinder, 270, 360)
• Update succession, Employee Rotations, and any other necessary talent data in Talent Navigator as assigned.
Training Communications and Employee Support
• Coordinate with TD Leads, TD Technical Development Managers, and Logistics Coordinators to gather the necessary information to include in Learner and Facilitator Communications.
• Deliver consistent, high-quality Learner and Facilitator Communications for Corporate Talent Development Learning events as assigned.
• Provide timely end-user support within the scope of work.
• Producer for virtual Led Instructor Training as assigned.
Record Management and Retention
• Responsible for accurate and timely record management of Talent and Development data (including but not limited to Succession, Learning, Talent Pool)
• Provide District and Regional Reporting as required utilizing company identified tools.
• Maintain necessary rosters, agendas, files and other documents needed to support the Talent Navigator data according to the Record Management plan of department.
Talent Navigator Knowledge and Continuous Improvement
• Understand and utilize Talent Navigator to execute processes to support the Annual Talent Management Cycle.
• Identify and propose solutions to improve efficiencies and streamline processes.
Collaboration and Teamwork
• Regularly collaborate with other members of the KTD team related to the roles and responsibilities above, and other areas of experience or expertise.
• Provide a high level of service to Talent Development organization and District employees.
Performance Expectations (How will success in this role be measured)
• Is well organized and timely with data input.
• Follows outlined Talent and Development processes and is involved in improvement efforts.
• Responds to and supports the needs of the Talent Development organization to accomplish established mission and annual business objectives.
• Manages cost at or under budget.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, Visio) and SharePoint
• Demonstrated proficiency with using online meetings programs (i.e. Webex, Video Conferencing)
• At least one to three years’ related education/training industry experience or a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, education, communications or related field
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented, flexible and highly motivated with a strong work ethic and professional demeanor
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Able to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
• Team player but also able to work independently to meet intense deadlines, goals and
Other common names for this role: Talent Development Specialist, Training Coordinator, Training Specialist, Training and Logistics Specialist, HR Coordinator, HR Specialist, Talent Specialist, Talent Coordinator
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Operations Manager, HR, Engineer, Intern, Operations, Human Resources, Engineering, Entry Level