Kiewit Corporation Sr. Mgr Application Architecture- Kiewit Technology Group in Omaha, Nebraska
Date: Mar 5, 2018
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 73087
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
The Sr. Manager of Application Architecture will lead a team responsible for designing and integrating SAP, custom Microsoft and other third-party packaged application solutions for Kiewit. This includes ensuring the correct technical application design patterns and standards are applied during development, along with the supporting technical environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the definition and maintenance of development patterns, standards and best practices, working closely with all Kiewit Technology Group functions (Product, Development, Testing, UX/UI, ect).
• Lead team responsible for designing solutions and apply the correct design patterns to meet functional and performance specifications.
• Collaborate with product area partners to ensure Architecture Team is engaged at the right time and right level to ensure project success.
• Provide high-level analysis and design reviews to ensure solutions fit into the application landscape.
• Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture and Operations to design and document the technical infrastructure required for solutions.
• Work with Operations and Product Teams to define and execute environment refreshes for non-production environments.
• Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to evaluate new technologies and solutions to determine technical feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities.
• Execute proof of concepts to evaluate fit of new technology.
• Partner with key strategic external partners to keep Kiewit Technology Group on the front edge of technology enablement.
• Consult on complex projects requiring knowledge across multiple business areas.
• Communicate design patterns and standards to appropriate parties within the Kiewit Technology Group.
• At least twelve (12) years of application architecture and development experience, with a broad knowledge of development platforms, integration patterns, languages and technologies.
• At least seven (7) years of experience with an ERP.
• At least five (5) years of experience managing a team and budget.
• Proven web and mobile architecture and development experience.
• Proven experience delivering Microsoft .NET solutions.
• Proven experience performance tuning existing solutions.
• Proven experience delivering performant applications and solutions within a highly integrated solution.
• Cloud architecture and development experience desirable.
• Experience implementing architecture framework such as TOGAF desirable.
• Experience in leading or managing cross functional teams or projects.
• Ability to analyze, consolidate and communicate technical concepts to all levels effectively in verbal and written form.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Architecture, Manager, Engineer, ERP, IT Architecture, Engineering, Management, Technology