Kiewit Corporation Senior Risk & Controls Analyst - Kiewit Business Services in Omaha, Nebraska
Senior Risk & Controls Analyst - Kiewit Business Services
Date: Mar 11, 2019
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 79473
As a Sr. Controls Analyst, you will provide oversight and guidance to ensure team initiatives and critical tasks related to risk identification, assessment, and mitigation are being completed timely and accurately while maintaining an attitude of customer service, collaboration, and accountability. You’ll also provide analytic support and expertise related to risk and controls to KBS functional areas and work with members of KBS leadership on special projects that align procedures and practices with company policy, regulatory controls and contractual agreements.
You’ll report directly to the Financial Services Director and work closely with other members of KBS leadership. So if you’re looking to take ownership in a strategic role, where only your ambition, curiosity, and passion for learning will limit your advancement opportunities…look no further.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
Kiewit Business Services (KBS) is a cross-functional shared service organization that provides the business units with customer-specific services focused on cost and business value. Our services include non-core, yet essential, functions of our businesses including accounts payable, accounts receivable, change control, human capital management, payroll, project initiation, compliance and continuous improvement.
This position is based out of our Kiewit Business Center in Omaha, NE. This is a shared services environment in a professional office setting.
• Leads and coordinates risk, internal control, and compliance initiatives within KBS
• Oversee the creation of reporting, KPI’s, metrics, and benchmarks to be utilized by KBS departments to drive more thorough identification and assessment of risks and determination of effectiveness of related internal controls
• Establish and maintain relationships with key business and functional stakeholders
• Encourage collaboration within other KBS departments and other Kiewit functions
• Provide timely updates to director on status of initiatives and activities
• Identify, encourage, and develop strategies for the implementation of best practices surrounding risk assessment, controls testing, and adherence to relevant compliance activities
• Develop risk management strategies and work with teams to employ
• Promote a culture of control, continuous monitoring, and risk awareness amongst KBS teams
• Monitor and communicate regulatory changes and assess impact to KBS and internal customers
• Frequent interaction with members of KBS leadership
• Proactively support Kiewit and KBS’s goals and strategies
• Perform other related activities as directed by director and KBS leadership
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Knowledge of COSO framework, Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, GAAP principles, and how to apply
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, includes effective, timely, and appropriate communication
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to lead teams and effectively delegate tasks
• Vigorous understanding of the interrelationship among processes, risks and controls
• Must be able to develop specific goals and plans to aid team members in prioritizing, organizing, and accomplishing work
• Model excellent organizational and time management skills for the rest of the team to follow
• Maintain a high level of awareness & knowledge of business needs and risks, KBS service excellence, and balancing the cost of implementing and performing effective internal controls vs. assessed impact of related risks and compliance related items
• Expertise in analyzing, managing, and directing the application of quantitative data
• Acute attention to detail with appropriate use of judgement in analyzing problems and finding solutions
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Ability to travel as needed (<5%)
• Experience working in external and/or internal audit preferred
• Knowledge of tax, garnishments, union benefits, 1099’s, non-resident withholding, internal controls, etc. preferred
• Knowledge of federal, state and local tax reporting and withholding rules preferred
• Ability to draft policy, DTP, flowchart, and other business standardization and compliance documents preferred
Other common names for this role: Audit Senior, Senior Controls Analyst, Senior Risk Analyst
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Risk Management, Engineer, Law, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Legal