Kiewit Corporation Senior Estimating Manager - Kiewit Building Group in Omaha, Nebraska
Senior Estimating Manager - Kiewit Building Group
Date: Oct 21, 2018
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 74365
Kiewit has projects all across the United States, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is, this includes the lower 48 states, HI, and AK. This position will require intermittent travel and will be based out of Omaha, NE.
Kiewit Building Group (KBG) specializes in vertical construction and is headquartered in Englewood, CO. Although the HQ is in CO, we do work all across the US.
Kiewit Building Group is looking for an Estimating Manager that can lead various estimates up to $500 million specifically for vertical commercial projects in the markets of higher education, government, healthcare, mixed-use, and general commercial building. Duties will include, but are not limited to reading and interpreting documents, subcontractor solicitation, leading a team of estimators, analyzing drawing and specifications, reviewing and assisting with proposals, presentation of estimates to clients, managing 3rd party cost estimating contractors, and other duties as required to prepare cost estimates for various projects. Conceptual estimating, private client preconstruction services, design-assist and design-build management, and means based cost estimating experience is strongly preferred.
Less than 10% travel throughout the year is anticipated.
• Undergraduate degree in construction management, construction engineering, civil engineer, architecture, or related field.
• 7+ years of estimating experience required where you have been the lead estimator for at least half that time.
• Passion for preconstruction services on design-assist and design-build delivery process.
• Applicant must be familiar with conceptual, hard bid, and self-perform estimating.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must be detail oriented and technically sound with good communication skills.
• A Strong work ethic is a must.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to utilize computers, and experienced with Microsoft Office, On Screen takeoff, Hard Dollar, Timberline, InEight, or other estimating software programs.
• Applicant should be interested in professional development and continued education.
• Hard Dollar Estimating Software experience, LEED AP distinction and BIM experience a plus.
Position Locations in Englewood, CO and Omaha, NE.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Construction Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering, Management