Kiewit Corporation Senior Accountant Construction Accounting - Corporate Home Office in Omaha, Nebraska
Senior Accountant Construction Accounting - Corporate Home Office
Date: Nov 22, 2018
Location: Omaha, NE, US
Requisition ID: 77661
Are you an accounting and operationally minded individual with the drive to pursue a career path in field operations? Are you looking for and exciting nontraditional accounting opportunity that has a high potential to advance into a field management role?
Look no further.
Have a taste for adventure? Our employees build iconic projects throughout North America, and they’re not afraid to go where the work takes them. If you stick with Kiewit for the long-term, you’ll have more opportunities to make an impact on communities in a variety of locations.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
The Senior Accountant in Construction Cost Accounting will be responsible for analyzing operational and financial information in the preparation of monthly Joint Venture financial statements and quarterly project reporting, providing support and information to field and corporate personnel, outside partners and internal/external auditors. In addition, this individual will be responsible for gathering financial data for non-sponsored Joint Ventures from our outside partners, analyzing the data, and reporting the income in the Kiewit financial statements.
• Work effectively with field personnel to ensure accurate and timely reporting of construction projects
• Prepare monthly financial statements for sponsored joint venture construction projects
• Prepare quarterly entries and schedules for sole and joint venture projects
• Perform analysis of construction projects for management and external auditors
• Perform analysis of non-sponsored joint venture financial information and report the earnings in our financial statements
• Provide support to outside partners and external auditors
• Respond to ad hoc requests made by Management
• Assist in special projects as needed
This position requires self-awareness and initiative. This individual must be assertive to take on learning activities and grasp developmental opportunities. A successful candidate will be highly motivated and have the ability to build relationships quickly and naturally. These relationships will bring this candidate the credibility needed to operate as a successful business partner within the Kiewit Companies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Two to five years of accounting experience
• Strong analytical skills. Ability to analyze underlying principles, reasons or facts surrounding financial information
• “Do what it takes” attitude. Ability to put in the time required to meet deadlines
• Effective communicator. Ability to provide information to supervisors, co-workers and internal customers clearly and accurately, as well as accurate, efficient and corrective feedback
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Proficient in learning new accounting systems and ability to comfortably and efficiently navigate within them
• Ability to gather, process and present information accurately and clearly
• Excellent organizational skills, including ability to plan and prioritize work, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers and the ability to maintain these relationships over time
• Public accounting experience
• Proficiency in Excel
• Proficiency in SAP
• Willingness to relocate throughout North America
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Construction, Accounting, Engineer, ERP, SAP, Engineering, Finance, Technology